Sage Sticks and Smudge Sticks
is the practice of cleansing away negative energy with smoke from various herbs
or resins. This Native American tradition is becoming more common place as others
discover the benefits of this ancient ceremony. We include instructions on how
to smudge with sage. With the housing industry becoming a buyers market, many
sellers are smudging with sage to help sell their home. This simple ceremony is
meant to cleanse away negative and residual energy to make the home more
appealing and welcoming to buyers. It also can be used to send energy out to
attract the right buyer. I have used sage to attract renters for empty
apartments. I can't say for sure that the sage brought them in, but they don't
stay vacant for long. I have noticed that if I don't smudge, they will
take much longer to rent.
How to smudge with sage sticks.1. Light the end of the smudge stick
2. Place in heatproof container (If it doesn't go out, gently blow the flames out. It should still smolder. You can relight it if it goes completely out).
3. Fan smoke with hand or feather over the area, person or object to be cleansed.
4. If you are cleansing a room, move in a counter clockwise direction to banish negativity.
* Always cleanse your divination tools (tarot, runes, pendulum
etc...) before use.
* Many practitioners will combine prayer with smudging
Key Benefits of Smudging with Sage
- a traditional way to cleanse away negative energy
- cleanse divination, ritual and psychic development tools.
- use to clear energy out of a room where stress occurs.
- use to cleanse people and pets that are depressed, sick or anxious
- clear energy from a previous resident.
- Smudging can also be used to bless or consecrate spiritual tools or sacred spaces
- do a sage smudge ceremony to help sell your home
If you trying to sell your home and you have heard about doing a sage smudge ceremony to attract a buyer, please check our blog for instructions. If you have special requests, post to the blog and I will be happy to help you out.
Learn more about smudging and other spiritual topics on my blog.