Buy Floating Oil Candles with Floating Wicks
Plastic floating Oil candles add an inexpensive touch of romance to your celebration.
Our plastic floating oil candles are made cooking oil and water. They are an inexpensive yet elegant decorating idea for weddings, receptions, parties, holiday celebrations or a romantic evening at home. Also known as water candles or floating wicks, you can customize the container to suit your celebration theme with food coloring, sea glass, figurines etc. You can add several plastic floating wicks in a large bowl. Oil candles make a unique gift idea for holidays, birthdays or housewarming.
Create custom oil candles for a wedding theme
We have sold many plastic floating oil candles over the years for wedding reception decor. There are many ways to create customized decor for wedding reception. Oil candles are especially good for themed weddings and parties. They add a dramatic touch to just about any theme. I have suggested ideas below. However, you may feel inspired with a whole new idea. I hope you'll send a picture of your creativity!
How to make a floating oil candle
- Add embellishments to container. Use hot glue or waterproof floral clay to adhere items that may move around.
- Carefully add water (you can tint the water with food coloring).
- Pour 1/2" to 1" of vegetable oil (no substitutions allowed) on the water surface.
- Insert wick into float. You may need to mold the wick end between your fingers for easier insertion.
- Place the plastic float on the oil. You can add more than one if the container is large enough.
- Wait! It's important that you allow the cooking oil to completely fill up the grooves till it reaches the wick.
- Light the wick and enjoy the ambience.
Always test your custom candle design before your event to make sure that the burn time is long enough and that decorations will stay in place and that colored items are colorfast.
Floating Oil Candle Kit Details and Benefits
- Clear plastic floats are approx 2 1/4" in diameter - you can place several in a large bowl
- Inexpensive way to customize your celebration decor
- Easy to use.
- Completely reusable.
- You can experiment with the level of cooking oil to make sure the oil candle will last through your event.
|Plastic Floating Oil Candle Kit Description||Price||Buy Floating Oil Candle Kit|
|oil candle kit 25 plastic floats / 50 floating wicks||$16.50 / .66 each|
|oil candle kit 50 plastic floats / 100 floating wicks||$29.99 / .60 each|
|oil candle kit 100 plastic floats / 200 floating wicks||$56.99 / .57 each|
|oil candle kit 200 plastic floats / 400 floating wicks||$99.99 / .50 each|
|Floating Wick Refills
This is just the floating wicks. Directions and plastic floats are not included.
Approx. 1/2 in length
|Buy Floating Wicks|
|100 floating wick refills||$2.99|
|500 floating wick refills||$12.99|
Create Custom Floating Oil Candle Ideas for a theme wedding or party
beach or ocean theme wedding
- Add several oil candle floats to a large seashell. Most likely, you will need to create some sort of base to hold the shell level and so that it doesn't tip. If the shell is large enough, you could pour sand and small seashells into the base of the large shell before adding oil and water.
- Add sand, seashells, sea glass to a tall glass cylinder before adding oil and water. For a touch of whimsy, you could add aquarium decorations like a treasure chest or figurines.
- You can extend the ocean theme across the table by sprinkling sand and seashells around the base of the oil candle container. Take it a step further with some ocean memorabilia like fish nets, life preserver, snorkel mask and maybe some fish figurines.
- Add white twinkle lights for even more drama.
cowboy theme wedding
- Add several floating oil candles to a tin bucket or better yet a long trough. Lay a rope, spurs, cowboy hat, horse shoe and a bandana around the oil candle container.
- You could add a tall cylinder to a pair of boots to house the oil candle. Add sand to the fill a boot deep enough to level and secure your oil candle container. Make sure that the container is above the shaft so there is no chance of burning leather putting a damper on things. Caution! This wedding theme idea could easily be tipped over. I would recommend attaching and old worn out boot to a large board with screws or construction glue. This design will take some work to iron out the details. But old boots complete with spurs would be so cute for a cowboy themed wedding that it would be worth the effort. Toss a bridle along side the boots for extra flair.
- The same thing could be done with a cowboy hat.
celestial theme wedding
- Get a large clear glass container and add lots of dark blue food coloring and gold glitter and one or two floating oil candles in it.
- Place an angel figurine in a glass vase. You may need to secure it with glue or waterproof floral clay. You could set the oil candle on a mirror and put faux pearl strands in along side the angel.
- Place glittery tulle, star shaped glitter and white twinkle lights around the oil candle container for a magical touch to your celestial theme wedding.
English garden theme wedding
- Use waterproof floral clay to attach fresh flowers to the base of the containers before adding oil and water. If using silk flowers, please test ahead of time that the colors won't run and that the flower will hold up under water.
- Add 3 tall glass vases of varying height with a single oil candle in each. Please a wreath of flowers and ivy and some twinkle lights around them. Take it a step further by placing all of that on a mirror.
- Sprinkle fresh rose petals all around.
- You could add some whimsy to your flower theme wedding with the addition of butterflies, bees or small fairies.
roaring twenties speak easy theme wedding
- Create your oil candle in brandy snifter. Dye the water a whiskey color.
- You might place a series of barware oil candles with feather boas and strands of faux pearls strewn around them
- You could lay cigars (or faux cigars due to children) and poker cards and chips around the oil candles.
60's theme wedding
- Drape love beads and daisies around an oil candle or series of them.
- Add some paper roses like we used to make for the prom
- You could include some old records from the 60's
- Don't forget peace signs, tie dyed accessories, smiley faces and head bands
Victorian theme wedding
- Collect a variety of decorative glass vases for your oil candles. Try to find ones with varying heights and shapes. You could use all clear vases or combine colors that suit the Victorian theme.
- Drape wide velvet ribbon and pearl strands among a collection of roses and other Victorian flowers.
- You could flank your collect with 2 Victorian garden statues or use one and surround it with the oil candles.
- You might want to purchase a yard or so of velvet that compliments the above collection. Lay it down first carefully creating lots of creases and folds. Tuck the unfinished edges underneath. Then place your oil candle collection on the velvet.
- Don't forget the white twinkle lights.
Grecian theme wedding
- Drape the area with a white bed sheet carefully creating lots of creases and folds.
- Find one or more Grecian urns of varying sizes and shapes for your oil candles. A small birdbath would also be interesting if it looks Grecian.
- Scatter fresh or artificial fruit around the display
- You could tuck some fresh leaves in among the fruit or use a garland of silk grape leaves.
Medieval theme wedding or party idea
- Drape the area with richly colored velvet that suits your Medieval theme decor. Creating interesting creases and folds and tuck the raw edges underneath.
- Create oil candles from one very large goblet shaped vase or a birdbath.
- Place 2 crowns with one resting slightly on top of the other to symbolize the union of two houses.
- Weave velvet ribbon and strands of faux pearls among the crowns. Scatter some faux gemstones over the display.
- Scatters fresh rose petals or lie long stemmed around or use garlands of flowers.
Winter Wedding or Victorian Christmas theme wedding
- Purchase a yard or so of dark green or red velvet. Drape it around making lots of creases and folds and tuck the raw edges under.
- Create your oil candle from a large gold urn. If it's large enough, put several floats in.
- Lie pine boughs around.
- Use varying colors of poinsettia around the table.
- Using faux pearl strands of red, green and gold, drape them among the poinsettia and pine boughs
- You could lay Christmas tree balls around of varying shapes in the red, green and gold. Keep in mind that they could roll on the floor so you might want to use plastic ones.
- Don't forget white twinkle lights.
- This Victorian Christmas wedding theme could easily be done in just gold and white for a very elegant effect.
Fall of Autumn theme wedding or party ideas
- Choose an autumn colored fabric that has no print but has an interesting and tactile texture. Burlap is a nice choice for a rustic touch. But there are others that will add a touch of elegance for a more formal wedding.
- Your oil candle can be created in any suitable container that supports your theme. A large urn or vase or collection of smaller ones would be nice.
- How about using a hollowed out pumpkin for your oil candle. You could do one big pumpkin and a series of smaller ones.
- Strew real or silk autumn colored leaves, colorful gourds and mums around.
- You can find small hay bales in craft stores, that might be an interesting way to create lifts and levels in your display.
Important notes about floating oil candles and wedding themes
- Remember that safety is your number one priority when creating custom decor for your wedding theme. Small items might pose a choking hazard to children. Wires for twinkle lights could be tripped upon. Tall displays could tip over if a table is bumped. Please consider every possible safety issue when putting together your theme decor.
- Please note that burn time will vary according to amount of cooking oil and number of floating candles used. You can extend burn time by increasing the cooking oil. I highly recommend that you experiment to make sure your oil candles will last through your event.
- Because this is your special day, it is a good idea to set up your custom display to make sure it's safe and that everything will work out as you hope.
- Don't forget that the bridal table isn't the only place to show off your theme decor. Create smaller versions at the other tables.